couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From James Jackson <james.jack...@cern.ch>
Subject Re: CouchDB 1.1
Date Wed, 15 Sep 2010 22:20:42 GMT
Hi,

> I've been working on it as part of desktopcouch but didn't commit it to the
> ASF repository:
>
> http://github.com/fdmanana/desktopcouch-ubuntu-10_10/commit/49eb401b991f334ab06cc7a0f4031c7aafb927a7
>
> Doing a few more testing before committing it.

This looks good - pretty much what I've done, but with extra support for different OTP versions.
The addition I have on top of what you have done is the ability to set key_file and cert_file
as well, so the replicator can use certificate authentication over the SSL channel. This would
be a trivial addition to your patch (in the ssl_options function). As far as I could tell
reading the SSL docs, this is all that would need doing to get certificate authentication
working (assuming there's something at the other end which understands it - we are going to
have a forwarding authenticating front-end proxy). If there's more to it than that, please
do let me know.

Regards,
James.