couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:58:34 GMT

On 26 Sep 2010, at 00:18, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 11:00 AM, Filipe David Manana
> <fdmanana@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 6:46 PM, Benoit Chesneau <bchesneau@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> data info shouldn't be in run . anyway too late now.  Could have been
>>> waiting a little more ...
>>
>> We (me, Paul, Chris, Noah, Robert Newson) were all agreeing on
>> var/run/couchdb instead of var/lib/couchdb that I rushed into
>> committing it to trunk.
>> Sorry, should have waited for more opinions yes, I'll revert if needed.
>>

> I see the http URL as being much more like a PID file than a database
> file. Is there something I'm missing?

It is fine as it is:

http://www.pathname.com/fhs/2.2/fhs-5.13.html

We should rethink the filename though. My original suggestion was to call it "couch.addr"
and only include the network address and port number. But we can't do this until we have a
separate port number for SSL connections - because you wouldn't be able to tell what the protocol
was from this file. Not sure that's a huge issue though. Feedback welcome.