couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Wed, 29 Sep 2010 12:16:26 GMT

On 28 Sep 2010, at 19:07, Paul Davis wrote:

> It already is a config option:
>
> [couchdb]
> uri_file = %localstaterundir%/couch.uri

This seals the deal for me.

How about:

	- No command line options, and no daemon options.

	- The above config option should suffice.

	- We should probably use URL instead of URI, but that's a minor issue.

	- The format of the file should be a single URL per line.

	- The file will never have more than two entries in it.

	- If we ever need to offer named VHOST capabilities, we can use multiple files.

	- Something like "name.url" would do, for each VHOST.

	- That should maintain backward compatibility.