couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Migrating Wiki to a CouchApp
Date Sat, 11 Sep 2010 16:08:33 GMT

On Sep 9, 2010, at 2:15 PM, Russell Branca wrote:

> I'm going through some backlogs on the mailing list and stumbled upon
> this. What's the status of the new wiki? Anything you guys need help
> with? I've got a potential solution for email notifications if you're
> still looking for that. Let me know.

Yes! I want to do this, but I'm totally slammed with other stuff.

The key points are:

Finish some features on the Pages wiki codebase:
  ability to restore old versions (eg revert bad edits)
  Atom feed of edits and comments
  email notifications (not as crucial, but they'd be nice)

Get the importer solid
  it is pretty close but there are a few edge cases it misses

Figure out the infra questions (do we need to host a CouchDB on Apache Infra, or can CouchOne
donate hosting to the project?)

Do the final import.

Set up redirects from the old wiki to the new wiki (this should definitely be direct from
old page -> new page, not just to the front page of the new wiki.)

If people can sign up for various of these tasks, I think we can quickly make the move to
the new wiki!

I'd love to see this happen, and I'll try to contribute as I can, but I'll need help from
others to make it happen.

Chris

> -Russell

CouchDB version of the wiki as a fork of the basic Pages codebase, so maybe it's worth it
to rename FrontPage to index, and put a pointer (or redirect) to index on the FrontPage.

>>> sorry, I should have said "forking" When I tried to git clone your repo locally
it kept failing, so I forked in github and cloned that.

>> hmm, it worked for me (tried a fresh one from the anonymous url), but it took a while,
so maybe you just hit a timeout.