couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r1001283 - in /couchdb/trunk/etc/couchdb: Makefile.am default.ini.tpl.in
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 00:33:30 GMT

On 28 Sep 2010, at 00:50, Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 3:55 PM, Noah Slater <nslater@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 27 Sep 2010, at 23:08, Chris Anderson wrote:
>>
>>> Hmm I don't see why multiple bind addresses matter.
>>
>> Just wondering how a client would use them. If there are three bind addresses, how
do you know which one to use? I'm not sure I understand the use case here. Not that I don't
think clients need to know how to speak to the running CouchDB, just that I don't understand
the circumstances around it well enough.

> you might want to bind to :80 and :5984, for obvious reasons. now
> people do that with a proxy, but you could do it with Couch, too.

I get that. :)

Just wondering what the circumstance will be around having two non-SSL ports open on the same
CouchDB instance. Will this EVER happen? If so, how would you figure out which line in the
file was the correct one?