couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From "Ryan C. Hill" <...@computer.org>
Subject Re: why erlang?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 19:54:32 GMT
There are plenty examples of why HTTP is great for communicating with clients, but I think
Miles is wondering more about communication between one couch-node to another.

The case for HTTP is less clear in that case, but the lack of clarity might only be temporary.
Besides the direct benefits of shuttleing bits over plain old HTTP within and between data
centers, I can imagine one or two scenarios where replication could be used for communicating
with something other than another couch-node (however ill advised that notion might actually
be).

-R