couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Andrus Adamchik <aadamc...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 14:23:05 GMT

On Aug 17, 2010, at 4:32 PM, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:

> Developers (no matter if commercial or not) are part of the community like everybody
else, IMHO.

Of course they are. This issue is about the concept of "hats". A commercial developer working
on an Apache project on a company time effectively wears 2 hats - an individual and an employee.
Apache is an org of individuals not companies, so here we expect you to be with your "individual
hat" on, e.g. when making development decisions, writing a Board report and otherwise interacting
with the community. This is a fine line to walk to be sure, but so far it worked out well
for the majority of the projects.

Andrus