couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 16:37:31 GMT
Devs,

I have started a document which we will use when announcing the bug. I plan to move the document
from this wiki location to the http://couchdb.apache.org site before the end of the day. Please
review and edit the document before then.

http://wiki.couchone.com/page/post-mortem

I have a section called "The Bug" which needs a technical description of the error and the
fix. I'm hoping Adam or Randall can write this, as they are most familiar with the issues.

Once it is ready, we should do our best to make sure our users get a chance to read it.

Thanks,
Chris

On Aug 8, 2010, at 5:16 AM, Robert Newson wrote:

> That was also Adam's conclusion (data loss bug confined to 1.0.0).
>
> B.
>
> On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> On 8 Aug 2010, at 13:48, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>>> Do we need to abort 0.11.2 as well?
>>
>> 0.11.x does not have this commit as far as I can see.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Jan
>> --

fact. It's probably up to use to decide what to do.

version and deprecate the old one, while optionally keeping it around for posterity.

off of the downloads page, etc.

and the remedy, as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort of thing in the future.

with very clear steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false *without restarting
the server* etc)