couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Wiki to a CouchApp
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 13:14:37 GMT

On Aug 13, 2010, at 8:00 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

>> (or at least make replicating a local instance of it super-simple).
>

> Bingo.
>
> We could form it like a tutorial even. When you first install CouchDB, you go to Futon,
and there's a documentation section. It explains to you that the project wiki is hosted on
CouchDB, and you can replicate from it. It explains some core concepts, and gives you a big
fat button to press. You press it, the official wiki is replicated to your local machine.
You could even make edits and replicate back. A perfect way to show off some of CouchDB's
strengths.

+1 - great idea