couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Zachary Zolton <zachary.zol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: DB couch/ MY SQL
Date Fri, 27 Aug 2010 13:47:57 GMT
Sandeep,

Let's hear a little more about your scenario:

• Are you trying to log requests to/from a proxy server? Depending on
your throughput needs, you might be better served by an in-memory
database than either MySQL or CouchDB.

• Do you also mean that what ever program that uses said database
needs to be in C++? All you really need for CouchDB is a good HTTP
library anyways.

• Do you have time to learn a new database paradigm on this project?
It can take some head scratching for a while. (^_^)

Cheers,

Zach

On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 1:24 PM, Sandeep Kuttal <skuttal@cse.unl.edu> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I am new to Couch Database. I just heard about it from a friend. Although I have used
SQL a lot. So my project is as follow:

> I am developing a wraper to store some metadata and json format going and coming from
proxy server (I am using squid). The coding of squid is in C++. I want to save the json formats
in proxy server. So what will be best to use MySQL Text field of use Couch Database.