couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data loss
Date Sun, 08 Aug 2010 12:16:33 GMT
That was also Adam's conclusion (data loss bug confined to 1.0.0).

B.

On Sun, Aug 8, 2010 at 1:10 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 8 Aug 2010, at 13:48, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> Do we need to abort 0.11.2 as well?
>
> 0.11.x does not have this commit as far as I can see.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

It's probably up to use to decide what to do.

>>> Altering releases are a no-no. The only real procedure is to release a new version
and deprecate the old one, while optionally keeping it around for posterity.

>>> +1.

the remedy, as well as digging into how we can prevent this sort of thing in the future.

very clear steps to remedy it. (Eg: config delayed_commits to false *without restarting the
server* etc)