couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Proposal for changes in view server/protocol
Date Mon, 02 Aug 2010 17:21:20 GMT
I'm 100% in favor of more radical js improvements like emonk.

However, toward Jason's comment, what do you all think of exposing a saveDoc
function instead? Old code could continue to return the [doc, resp] list
while new code could return a continuation with the signature:

function (resp) or maybe function (resp, error)

where resp can be used to write directly out to the client.

It's maybe some headache implementation but it's very nodejs-like.
Maybe a step in the right direction?

Thanks to jchris on irc for steering me to this and away from some other
complicated mess.

Sent from my interstellar unicorn.

On Aug 2, 2010 4:25 AM, "Jason Smith" <jhs@couch.io> wrote:

On Mon, Aug 2, 2010 at 18:02, Filipe David Manana <fdmanana@apache.org
>wrote:

> +1 on BenoƮt's comment.
>
> Using erlang_js, emonk or something equivalent should be top priority...
I love this idea however as I am responsible for thousands of unrelated
users' couches, I want significant assurance about the security and
sandboxing of a new view server runtime.

In other words, can CouchDB fix a few bugs in the 1.x branch while working
on major improvements in 2.x?

Specifically, the bug I cited is something so simple, so stupid, that
CouchDB cannot process HTML form input. In this context, I do not care how
impressive the back-end is. I just want good tools for web developers to
use. I would definitely be frustrated to find myself on the API change
treadmill.

--
Jason Smith
Couchio Hosting