couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@couch.io>
Subject Re: data recovery tool progress
Date Wed, 11 Aug 2010 21:14:06 GMT
On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:52, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:

> Excellent, thanks for testing.  I caught Jason Smith saying on IRC that he
> had packaged the whole thing up as an escript + some .beams.  If we can get
> it down to a single file a la rebar that would be a pretty sweet way to
> deliver the repair tool in my opinion.

Please check out http://github.com/jhs/repair-couchdb

It uses Git submodules (quiet down!) and builds Adam's latest code into an
escript about 260KB. It runs great for me on 32 and 64 bit Linux and OSX.

The only notable difference is I chose slightly different names for
lost+found for reasons I don't remember anymore.

I would like for people to test it, especially on Windows which I have not
done yet.

Of course if there are bugs please let the list know; or if you think more
features are warranted (e.g. wildcards) then let's discuss that too.

If it looks good we can tell people to download the escript and fire away.

--
Jason Smith
Couchio Hosting