couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 160-* etap test failure from time to time
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 19:35:03 GMT
On Wed, Aug 18, 2010 at 9:29 PM, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

> On 18 Aug 2010, at 20:17, Robert Dionne wrote:
>
>> The vhosts refactoring made this issue go away. The underlying problem still exists
in couch_config. It's a race condition

> The refactoring also added a whole lot of things that are separate from this issue.
>
> I recon the test could start couch_http and only issue requests once it is fully up*.
>
> *I haven't looked at any code here, just handwaving.
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --

On *slow* machines there are other tests failing for the same reason.
140- for example. 160- .

Even f ini was just set after the couch_server_sup start the problem
happened. More likely due to the fact that couch_httpd is loaded in
the same time and the Loop created at this time with value currently
in ini.

imo, the configuration need some love love or, maybe just the way we
reload couch_httpd after a change in the conf.

- benoit