couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Murphy <martin.mur...@whiteboard-it.com>
Subject Bug in Password
Date Tue, 24 Aug 2010 04:26:18 GMT
Couchdb does not properly url decode usernames and passwords in the url.

This prevents the majority of non ASCII characters from being used in either
the username and password .    This is a pretty high priority bug imo.

It prevents couchapp for working on complex passwords and there are no
alternatives using complex passwords for replication.

It also prevents the very common scenario of using email addresses for
logins/usernames.  (If the logins are to be used with replication).

Thanks for everything.  Wish my erlang were better, I would fix this myself.