couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: why erlang?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 20:25:39 GMT
There is no reason I see why HTTP is not a valid transport for a DHT nor any
reason why it is not possible to gossip over HTTP. I think it's confusing
the issue to blame HTTP for any problem Couch has with distribution.

Enlighten me if I'm wrong, of course.

On Aug 16, 2010 1:19 PM, "Jan Lehnardt" <jan@apache.org> wrote:

On 16 Aug 2010, at 22:11, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 16 Aug 2010, at 20:52, Miles Fidelman wrote:
I'd like to add that Miles does have a point, but we have good reasons to
have HTTP for now and in the future. It doesn't mean that applying
specializations where applicable is not an option (double negative :).

Cheers
Jan