couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Filipe David Manana <fdman...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Wed, 18 Aug 2010 11:16:30 GMT
On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 5:24 PM, Wendall Cada <wendallc@83864.com> wrote:

>  Often times, I also have an issue with focus on commercial developers.
> However, with CouchDB specifically, the commercial developers are also the
> most active and helpful community members. Does it make a difference if you
> just say Couchio and Cloudant or give the specific developer names? If it
> does, I suppose those developers names could be used, but really this will
> just be translated into Couchio and Cloudant for everyone involved,
> effectively rendering this a non-issue.

I wouldn't say the commercial developpers are necessarily the most active
and helpful community members.
Look for example at Robert Newson. He's not employed by Couchio or Cloudant
and yet he's constantly helping users through the users' mailing list and
the IRC channel. And of course, he does many code contributions as well and
participates a lot in the development discussions.

--
Filipe David Manana,
fdmanana@gmail.com, fdmanana@apache.org