couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Newson <robert.new...@gmail.com>
Subject COUCHDB-864 and 1.0.x
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 13:34:42 GMT
All,

I committed a one-line fix (suggested by Adam) to trunk which now
allows multipart/related PUT's to succeed without mochiweb closing the
connection. At base, mochiweb uses a process dictionary variable to
keep track of whether it ought to close the connection or not. Because
we use the request from a different process, part of that handling is
skipped, causing mochiweb to close a connection when it shouldn't. The
fix (or, less charitably, *hack*) fixes that issue.

I've struggled to write an etap test that demonstrates the original
problem (the bug was discovered when doing performance testing from a
node.js-based test program) and I feel I owe one. I would like this
patch to land on 1.0.x where I think a confirming test is mandatory.

I'll continue trying to write the test and will put it to trunk once I
have it. In the meantime, I would like to hear from others about
whether this should go to 1.0.x? It allows efficient and atomic
insertion of documents with attachments, which is an important feature
for me, though to date it is only used by the replicator.

B.