couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Benoit Chesneau <bchesn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: splitting the code in different apps or rewrite httpd layer
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 18:37:28 GMT
On Fri, Aug 20, 2010 at 1:32 PM, Volker Mische <volker.mische@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 for a refactor.
>
> GeoCouch duplicates a lot of code. I tried to keep the names in as similar
> (though meaningful) to the original ones as possible to see where the
> duplicated code is.
>
> I would love to see that everyone who wants a new kind of indexer just need
> to provide the data structure and all the design document handling, updater
> (group) handling, list functions etc is done automatically.
>
> Cheers,
>  Volker

It seems that noone except us is interrestted in that ;) Anyway I'm
thinking that in case of indexer it would be very useful to have a
generic way to add some kind of handler allowing any people to plug
its own stuff to the system indeed.

Also refactoring would allow us to add comments to the code which
would help to review code.

- benoit