couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Stein <gst...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 16:23:26 GMT
[simple resend, putting dev@couchdb back on the distro list]

On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 11:10, Jim Jagielski <jim@jagunet.com> wrote:

> On Aug 17, 2010, at 10:34 AM, Sam Ruby wrote:

>> If that's the case, then celebrate the developers, not their employers.
>>
>>> Of course they are. This issue is about the concept of "hats". A commercial developer
working on an Apache project on a company time effectively wears 2 hats - an individual and
an employee. Apache is an org of individuals not companies, so here we expect you to be with
your "individual hat" on, e.g. when making development decisions, writing a Board report and
otherwise interacting with the community. This is a fine line to walk to be sure, but so far
it worked out well for the majority of the projects.