couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Robert Dionne <dio...@dionne-associates.com>
Subject Re: Migrating Wiki to a CouchApp
Date Fri, 13 Aug 2010 10:39:25 GMT
nice, it is very snappy. I could see this would encourage more use.

The home link is out of sync with the FrontPage.

Oddly I'm not able to clone the github source without first cloning it. Anyway the issue with
the home link seems to be in profileReady/mustache.html, it points to "index" which is a WIKI
page not yet created

I can certainly live without email notifications. I don't need anymore email

at http://wiki.apache.org/couchdb to a CouchApp.

> Here it is:
>
> http://wiki.couchdb.couchdb.org/page/FrontPage
>
> The work is still preliminary. I haven't vetted all the content, and the wiki software
itself still needs to be polished. But I think in the long run we will be better off as a
project to host our wiki on CouchDB.

> First of all, the response time when you click a link will be faster (yay not being a
slow cgi script!) Second, the code is a CouchApp, so not only will we all be able to help
improve it, we can easily replicate the wiki offline for editing, etc.

> In the long run it would make sense to ship a copy of the wiki with CouchDB (or at least
make replicating a local instance of it super-simple).

> There are some missing features. The most notable one that I don't plan to implement,
is email notifications of changes to pages. I haven't added Atom feeds of recent-changes yet,
but I think that can make up for the missing email feature. What do you think? If email is
crucial to migrating away from MoinMoin, it is possible.

> The other missing feature that I think is critical, is some built-in way to revert to
old points in the history of a page. Currently history is stored but to revert would require
writing some more code.