couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data recovery tool progress
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:18:09 GMT

On Aug 11, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Jason Smith wrote:

> Hi, Jason.
>
> On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 04:14, Jason Smith <jhs@couch.io> wrote:
>
>> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 09:52, Adam Kocoloski <kocolosk@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Excellent, thanks for testing.  I caught Jason Smith saying on IRC that he
>>> had packaged the whole thing up as an escript + some .beams.  If we can get
>>> it down to a single file a la rebar that would be a pretty sweet way to
>>> deliver the repair tool in my opinion.
>>>

>> Please check out http://github.com/jhs/repair-couchdb
>>

> I think you mean http://github.com/jhs/recover-couchdb

I think it is important that we package and release this, if it is ready. We should link to
it from the bug description page, the project home page, as well as blog about it, etc. What
is the point of working feverishly on a recovery tool if we don't go the last mile?

I am testing it now on my database directory to make sure it doesn't harm anything (I was
never subject to the bug, which is probably where most people are, but they might run it anyway.)

As it stands the submodules thing can't be part of the release, we need to package it up as
a single zip file or something.

Is there anything else that needs to be done before we can release this?

Chris