couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Eric Carlson <e...@ericcarlson.co.uk>
Subject couch_db_update_notifier_sup started as worker?
Date Sat, 21 Aug 2010 20:48:38 GMT
 Having once been the kind of child who takes their toys apart in order
to figure out how they work, and also having been a Prolog hacker in one
of my former lives, I've foolishly started to go through the Erlang code
for CouchDB (with the hope that I might one day be able to contribute
something more useful to the project than merely verifying that release
candidates build successfully ;-) ). In walking through what happens at
application startup I found that couch_db_update_notifier_sup (a
supervisor behaviour) is started as a worker process in
couch_server_sup:start_secondary_services/0. Since I cannot (yet) claim
to fully understand the world of OTP behaviours, I don't know how much
this matters, but in case it does, I thought it worth bringing to the
attention of those of you who know more than I do.

Cheers,
Eric