couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Miles Fidelman <mfidel...@meetinghouse.net>
Subject why erlang?
Date Mon, 16 Aug 2010 17:54:04 GMT
Hi Folks,

I wonder if someone might share some insight into why Erlang was chosen
for CouchDB.

Don't get me wrong, I think Erlang is a really cool
language/environment; I'm a big fan of designs that spawn lots of
independent processes, and communicating via messages.  But... it
doesn't seem like CouchDB takes advantage of all that much of Erlang's
unique capabilities.

Hence, I'm sort of wondering why Erlang for CouchDB, and if there are
any visions of taking more advantage of Erlang down the road.

Thanks,

Miles Fidelman