couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: RFC: Releasing 1.0.1
Date Wed, 04 Aug 2010 00:00:24 GMT

On Aug 3, 2010, at 4:52 PM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 4 Aug 2010, at 00:30, J Chris Anderson wrote:
>
>> Generally, we are now in the pink part of the chart. Ubuntu would be happiest if
we gave them releases in the yellow part of the chart. The closer it gets to the red part
of the chart, the more likely they are to say it's not worth the trouble to do the work to
vet / package 1.0.1. The vagueness of their schedule is part of the reason I'm suddenly feeling
the rush.

> To summarise my previous email: if release timing is important to you, push to get it
co-ordinated before-hand. We can't be expected to care about people needing things Real Soon
Now without some active involvement from them.

Agreed. This is more like: we're ready and due for a release. I started talking to some Ubuntu
folks about it, and they were like "it might be too late" and I was like "even for bugfixes"
and the were like "maybe it's not too late for bugfixes."

Anyway, if we miss the boat, 1.0 will ship in the next Ubuntu release, and that's not too
bad (except that it has a couple of nasty bugs replicating design docs...)

Chris