couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: data recovery tool progress
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 17:28:34 GMT
I would like to include a link to the final product in the 1.0.1 release announcement.

I estimate that will be going out on Monday evening.

On 12 Aug 2010, at 18:18, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Aug 11, 2010, at 2:14 PM, Jason Smith wrote:
>
>> Hi, Jason.

>>> Please check out http://github.com/jhs/repair-couchdb
>>>

>> I think you mean http://github.com/jhs/recover-couchdb
>>

> I think it is important that we package and release this, if it is ready. We should link
to it from the bug description page, the project home page, as well as blog about it, etc.
What is the point of working feverishly on a recovery tool if we don't go the last mile?

> I am testing it now on my database directory to make sure it doesn't harm anything (I
was never subject to the bug, which is probably where most people are, but they might run
it anyway.)

> As it stands the submodules thing can't be part of the release, we need to package it
up as a single zip file or something.