couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Smith <...@couch.io>
Subject Re: data recovery tool progress
Date Tue, 10 Aug 2010 13:03:38 GMT
IRC is getting quiet so I will wrap up the current state as I understand
it.

1. Everything begins with Filipe's db_repair branch
2. Volker took an independent tack in his db_repair-b branch which was
   later merged with the others. However he claims that his code is
   detecting node which the mainstream is not so that needs to be confirmed
   and resolved.
3. Meanwhile Adam and Randall branched out in another direction
4. Adam's latest branch is working while Randall has parallelization on
   top of that, possibly a bit experimental
5. I am pulling the mainstream work into a cross-platform escript fsck
   to at least produce good .couch files for people who can not halt
   their 1.0.0 servers at this time.

The wiki has a gitk snapshot of all major branches, pardon the size:
http://wiki.couchone.com/page/recovery-tool

--
Jason Smith
Couchio Hosting