couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 23:37:44 GMT
Greg, it's my fault for forgetting to report the new contributors. Apologies. Next report I'll
se to it that more of individual community members and their contributions are included.

-Damien

On Aug 17, 2010, at 11:52 AM, Greg Stein wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 17, 2010 at 13:46, Jan Lehnardt <jan@apache.org> wrote:

>>> Of course they are. This issue is about the concept of "hats". A commercial developer
working on an Apache project on a company time effectively wears 2 hats - an individual and
an employee. Apache is an org of individuals not companies, so here we expect you to be with
your "individual hat" on, e.g. when making development decisions, writing a Board report and
otherwise interacting with the community. This is a fine line to walk to be sure, but so far
it worked out well for the majority of the projects.

>> My (Apache hat) reasoning for okaying these entries was that we did mention other
significant extra-project news in the past. The Canonical/Ubuntu adoption was big news, as
was the publication of the O'Reilly book. I classified these two under the same umbrella.