couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Klaus Trainer <klaus.trai...@web.de>
Subject Re: splitting the code in different apps or rewrite httpd layer
Date Sun, 22 Aug 2010 20:51:00 GMT
> It seems that noone except us is interrestted in that ;)

I'm indeed very interested in that. However, as I won't be able to
contribute much to the refactoring, I didn't feel like having to say
something in this regard. So, nonetheless, here are my two cents.

Recently, I've spent a few hours diving into the source code of riak and
riak_core. In doing so, I got the impression that with regard to
modularization and organizing the codebase around the abstractions, the
Riak guys are one step ahead in respect of their codebase's evolution.

Note that I've only looked at some parts of Riak's and CouchDB's
codebase, respectively. Also note that at this point in time, my
knowledge of both Riak's and CouchDB's codebase is still quite limited.

Cheers,
Klaus