couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [REPORT] CouchDB
Date Tue, 17 Aug 2010 13:01:50 GMT

On 17 Aug 2010, at 04:23, Greg Stein wrote:

> I don't want to hear updates about commercial developers. It is
> somewhat interesting, but should not comprise half of the project's
> report.

Why not?

Should we consider corporate uses of CouchDB to be less important than other uses? As far
as I was aware, this is just as much a part of the community activity around the project as
anything else is. If this reporting period contains a lot of that, then maybe it's just because
there was more of it. I wouldn't want to think we were leaving things out so as to make the
report sound "appropriately" less business focused.

> What has the Apache CouchDB PMC done over the reporting period? What
> is the status of the community? Any new committers or PMC members? Are
> there any Board-level or legal issues that came up and/or need to be
> resolved? I'd like to hear what the *project* is doing.

I think the report covers all of that.