couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:13:06 GMT
Unfortunately, I saw sporadic test failures related to compaction. The problem was the server
can return 202 on compaction requests before it actual starts them. Then the test code checks
to see if the compaction has finished, by checking compact_running flag on the db_info. If
it hasn't yet started, the test code thinks it must have completed, and continues to the next
steps in the tests.

This looks to be the same failure Sebastian Cohnen hit occasionally on 0.11.1 as well.

I've checked in a fix to trunk, r961791.

I'm +1 on this release, but I'll support redoing the release and vote if Noah thinks its a
good idea.

-Damien