couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Norman Barker <norman.bar...@gmail.com>
Subject multiview on github
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 21:39:59 GMT
Hi,

a very initial version of the multiview is at
http://github.com/normanb/couchdb-multiview for discussion.

The views are intersected by using a ring of processes where each node
in the ring represents a view as follows;

% send an id from the start list to the next node in the ring, if the
id is in adjacent node then this node sends to the next ring node ....
% if the id gets all round the ring and back to the start node then it
has intersected all queries and should be included. The nodes in the
ring
% should be sorted in size from small to large for this to be effective
%
% In addition send the initial id list round in parallel

this is implemented in the couch_query_ring module.

I have a couple of questions

1) in the module multiview, is there a quicker way to find the counts
from startkey to endkey rather than iterating?
2) In the module couch_query_ring is there a quicker way to test for
inclusion rather than iterating?
3) Finally, if I hit this concurrently I get an exception,

[error] [<0.201.0>] Uncaught error in HTTP request: {exit,
                                 {noproc,
                                  {gen_server,call,

(so ignore my previous email, I am able to trap the msg)

I am going to look into (3) but if you have seen this before.

I am developing on windows, but also test on linux I will work on
getting a linux makefile, but the Makefile.win should be a start.

Any help and comments appreciated.

Norman