couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Cottlehuber <d...@muse.net.nz>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 03:29:28 GMT
-1 please take this with a grain of salt - concerned my issues could
be with my build process or lack of understanding. I will re-build
from clean slate over weekend to make sure I have that down pat.

Let me know if you want more details from below. built with Erlang
R14A  as INSTALL.Unix says >=R12B5

- OSX Snow Leopard & erlang R14A courtesy of macports
- using macports couchdb-devel modified to pull down 1.0.0 r961564
- iMac 2006 intel core duo 2.16GHz 4GB RAM

- firefox 3.6.6 - all tests pass in a few minutes
- safari 5.0  - still running after 30m....

ATTACHMENTS: error- takes 228784ms
Exception raised: {"message":"Out of
memory","line":33,"sourceId":4566181712,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch_test_runner.js?0.11.0"}

ATTACHMENT_PATHS: failure - takes 1079ms
Assertion failed: binAttDoc._attachments["foo/bar2.txt"].content_type
== "text/plain;charset=utf-8"
Assertion failed: binAttDoc._attachments["foo/bar2.txt"].content_type
== "text/plain;charset=utf-8"
Assertion failed: binAttDoc._attachments["foo/bar2.txt"].content_type
== "text/plain;charset=utf-8"
Assertion failed: binAttDoc._attachments["foo/bar2.txt"].content_type
== "text/plain;charset=utf-8"

DELAYED_COMMITS: succeed - takes 1359038ms
COMPACT: error - takes 11579ms
Exception raised:
{"line":416,"sourceId":4559438640,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch.js?0.11.0","code":101,"message":"NETWORK_ERR:
XMLHttpRequest Exception 101","name":"NETWORK_ERR"}

REPLICATION - takes 387ms
Exception raised: {"message":"Result of expression 'options.headers'
[undefined] is not an
object.","line":402,"sourceId":4559438640,"sourceURL":"http://localhost:5984/_utils/script/couch.js?0.11.0","expressionBeginOffset":12921,"expressionCaretOffset":12936,"expressionEndOffset":12952}

NB would be happy to do windows builds in future if somebody is able
to help pin down the right release process.

A+
Dave