couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Randall Leeds <randall.le...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: exdev regression on trunk when using multiple mount points
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 02:21:47 GMT
This maybe gets into the realm of over-engineering, but we could track the
deleted files elsewhere so we don't have to find them.

One solution is a _trash db. Insert, rename file, delete async and clear the
document if it succeeds. Consume changes and delete the files on startup.
Advantages: deleting only one file at a time, never losing track, no
scanning. Disadvantage: if we crash between deleting the file and deleting
the document we can't tell later if a mount is unavailable or the file is
already gone, so we risk leaving garbage files around or garbage in our
_trash and someone might hack our gibson.

Sent from my interstellar unicorn.