couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: exdev regression on trunk when using multiple mount points
Date Thu, 29 Jul 2010 00:41:56 GMT
No, it moves the files to a fixed subdirectory (".delete"), and on start-up, clears out that
subdirectory. So if you crash after the rename to the directory, but before the delete, on
the next startup it will complete the deletion by nuking all the files in that directory.

-Damien

On Jul 28, 2010, at 5:06 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:

> Damien,
> Isn't that the current behavior, too? Now the files are just scattered
> around instead of in one directory.
>
> On Wed, Jul 28, 2010 at 16:28, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>> The problem doing it this way is what happens if there is crash between the rename
and the actual delete. Then you'l have a large file stuck on the file system, never actually
deleted.