couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Noah Slater <nsla...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:48:48 GMT

On 8 Jul 2010, at 16:13, Damien Katz wrote:

> Unfortunately, I saw sporadic test failures related to compaction. The problem was the
server can return 202 on compaction requests before it actual starts them. Then the test code
checks to see if the compaction has finished, by checking compact_running flag on the db_info.
If it hasn't yet started, the test code thinks it must have completed, and continues to the
next steps in the tests.

> This looks to be the same failure Sebastian Cohnen hit occasionally on 0.11.1 as well.
>
> I've checked in a fix to trunk, r961791.
>
> I'm +1 on this release, but I'll support redoing the release and vote if Noah thinks
its a good idea.

We regularly ship with known problems. Every ticket in JIRA that is open at he point of release
would be an example of this. I don't have the insight to know if this particular issue is
a show stopper or not. If the community think it's fine as is, let's just backport this fix
for the 1.1 and 0.11.2 releases.