couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Sebastian Cohnen <sebastiancoh...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, second round
Date Sat, 10 Jul 2010 07:37:25 GMT
Yes I ran the test in safe mode.

But today it looks better. I redownloaded the archive, did ./configure && make check,
and ran the test suite once more. Success on the first run and _much_ faster than yesterday.
Looks okay now for me and I'll check 0.11.1 again. Maybe just a system hiccup :)

change my vote to +1 and sorry for the noise

Sebastian

On 09.07.2010, at 23:12, Damien Katz wrote:

> Sebastian, is Firebug is completely disabled? Firebug tends to cause some odd behaviors.
It sounds like you already have disabled it (via safe mode?), but I want to be sure.

> -Damien
>

> On Jul 9, 2010, at 4:09 PM, Sebastian Cohnen wrote:

en-US; rv:1.9.2.6) Gecko/20100625 Firefox/3.6.6

>>> Have you ensured that you've cleared the browser cache?
>>
>> I run Firefox in safemode, when running the test suite. but running it in normal
mode (with firebug & co) I always clear the cache. so yes, I ensured that the cache was
empty. (I begin to dislike a browser-based integration test suite more and more).

>>> Also, with Couch running on 5984, what do you get if you run this from the source
directory:

>>> test/javascript/run (I get some failures like this, no biggie, but changes passes)
>>
>> "ok 11 changes" looks okay. but after some tests (e.g. "ok 26 http") it simply freezes.
I've waited a few minutes, killed both couch and the test and tried again. after the 10th
run, the test suite runs through (with "not ok 16 cookie_auth TypeError: ddoc is null" and
"not ok 43 replication ReferenceError: $ is not defined").

>> Sebastian
>>
>>> Chris

however always fails (Exception raised: "timeout: bar-only") when I run all test, I've tried
about 10 times now. when I run this test in isolation it is successful most of the time, but
not always 3 fails out of 10. I have not yet pinpoint the responsible part of the test, that
causes the failure, but I notice, that for long periods of time the test simply does nothing
(I see "[info] [<0.8991.0>] 127.0.0.1 - - 'GET' /test_suite_db/_changes?feed=continuous&timeout=500
200" and then nothing for about a minute).