couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: Reia views for CouchDB
Date Thu, 22 Jul 2010 23:25:31 GMT
Hey Tony,

awesome plans! :)

We have a small rspec file that exercises all the parts of the view server:

It is easily extendible (see where there's "js" and "erlang", you can just add complementing
"reia" sections in there).

If you get all tests to pass, all is well :)

I hope that helps, let us know if you have any more questions!

On 21 Jul 2010, at 19:48, Tony Arcieri wrote:

> Hello CouchDB people,
> I just wanted to announce that I've started work on implementing support for
> Reia views for CouchDB:
> Reia is a Ruby-like language for the Erlang virtual machine.  You can read
> more about it here:
> <>So far I've just been working on
> automating the installation of Reia, which is of course a prerequisite to
> having CouchDB views.
> I haven't taken the plunge into the actual implementation, but figure I can
> look off the Erlang views implementation for a reference and tweak it as
> needed to use Reia instead.
> If anyone has any advice on how this sort of thing should be done don't
> hesitate to let me know.
> --
> Tony Arcieri
> Medioh! A Kudelski Brand