couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 18:16:03 GMT

On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm -1 on these artifacts.  View group compaction
is broken.  The couch_view_group server calls couch_file:delete/1 to try to remove the current
index file when the compaction is complete, but that function does not exist anymore - it's
been replaced by couch_file:delete/2, which takes the root directory as the first argument.
 The process will crash, and will continue to use the old uncompacted file when it starts
up again.

I've taken advantage of this re-do to backport Damien's fixes to make compaction start requests
synchronous, to both 0.11.x and 1.0.x

I've also fixed and backported jquery.couch.js so that it can properly trigger compaction.

Chris

> It looks like we don't have a test for view group compaction.  I'm pretty busy at the
moment, perhaps someone else wants to take a look?  It could be modeled off of the compact.js
test for DB compaction.  Best,