couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Volker Mische <volker.mis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GeoCouch bug: not all documents are indexed
Date Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:48:25 GMT
On 07/30/2010 01:51 AM, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Jul 29, 2010, at 3:42 PM, Volker Mische wrote:
>
>> Hi GeoCouchers,
>>
>> I currently try to hunt down a bug, if you've encountered similar problems, please
let me know.

>> I've created a spatial index but not all documents that should show up in the index,
do actually show up. You can easily test it with querying with a bounding box that spans the
world (bbox=-180,-90,180,90). The number of returned documents should, of course,  match the
ones you have in the database (in case you index all of them).

>> The smallest dataset I have where it occurs is currently 40k documents. I would be
happy if someone would have a smaller dataset where the problem occurs.

> And if you take the missing docs and put them into an empty database, they are no longer
missing?

> Chris

Exactly. The next thing I'll try is to look if always the same docs are
missing or if it's random.

Cheers,
   Volker