couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Website redesign
Date Fri, 09 Jul 2010 15:30:04 GMT

On Jul 9, 2010, at 8:24 AM, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 9 Jul 2010, at 16:20, Jan Lehnardt wrote:
>
>> I looked at the thread and these was the last patch that I saw.
>>
>> user@ brought up the topic of a new design so I though I'd go and commit that one.
I'm not married to anything here and happy to commit any other patches brought to my attention.

> Sure, and it's refreshing to see some actual movement here.
>
> However, my concern is that changing the brand of a website is a Big Deal. If the blue
design is still a viable option, only needing some minor work before a patch can be ready,
then it would have made more sense to wait for that. Switching out to a third design in the
near future may confuse users and damage our brand.

> Does anyone know where we stand on the blue design?

last I checked it was just the front page that had been done. I was surprised to see the patch
also, but I do like movement.

it'd be a lot of work to bring the other pages into the blue design (I think)

that said, I wrote some front page copy for it that I think is more reflective of our use-case
than the technical copy that's been on the front page forever.

http://github.com/jchris/couchdb_web/blob/master/index.html#L76