couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:34:59 GMT
I broke that code. Sorry. Thanks to Filipe for the fix and test.

I agree with Adam we need to redo the release. Changing my vote to -1

-Damien

On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> On Jul 7, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round.
>>
>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts so
>> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone is
>> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>>
>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>
>> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.0.0/
>>
>> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.0 tag in Subversion:
>>
>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.0/
>>
>> Happy voting,

> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm -1 on these artifacts.  View group compaction
is broken.  The couch_view_group server calls couch_file:delete/1 to try to remove the current
index file when the compaction is complete, but that function does not exist anymore - it's
been replaced by couch_file:delete/2, which takes the root directory as the first argument.
 The process will crash, and will continue to use the old uncompacted file when it starts
up again.

> It looks like we don't have a test for view group compaction.  I'm pretty busy at the
moment, perhaps someone else wants to take a look?  It could be modeled off of the compact.js
test for DB compaction.  Best,