couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round
Date Thu, 08 Jul 2010 19:57:54 GMT

On Jul 8, 2010, at 12:34 PM, Damien Katz wrote:

> I broke that code. Sorry. Thanks to Filipe for the fix and test.
>
> I agree with Adam we need to redo the release. Changing my vote to -1

I agree, let's roll it again now that these fixes are in and backported.

Thanks Noah!

Chris

> -Damien
>

> On Jul 8, 2010, at 10:15 AM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>
>> On Jul 7, 2010, at 7:38 PM, Noah Slater wrote:
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> I would like call a vote for the Apache CouchDB 1.0.0 release, first round.
>>>
>>> We encourage the whole community to download and test these release artifacts
so
>>> that any critical issues can be resolved before the release is made. Everyone
is
>>> free to vote on this release, so get stuck in!
>>>
>>> We are voting on the following release artifacts:
>>>
>>> http://people.apache.org/~nslater/dist/1.0.0/
>>>
>>> These artifacts have been built from the 1.0.0 tag in Subversion:
>>>
>>> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/couchdb/tags/1.0.0/
>>>
>>> Happy voting,

>> Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I'm -1 on these artifacts.  View group compaction
is broken.  The couch_view_group server calls couch_file:delete/1 to try to remove the current
index file when the compaction is complete, but that function does not exist anymore - it's
been replaced by couch_file:delete/2, which takes the root directory as the first argument.
 The process will crash, and will continue to use the old uncompacted file when it starts
up again.

>> It looks like we don't have a test for view group compaction.  I'm pretty busy at
the moment, perhaps someone else wants to take a look?  It could be modeled off of the compact.js
test for DB compaction.  Best,