couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Fri, 25 Jun 2010 19:43:19 GMT

On Jun 25, 2010, at 12:35 PM, Randall Leeds wrote:

> Thanks for the clarifications, Jan.
> All makes sense now. 0.11.x has to continue to exist and be fulfill
> its "stated use".
> New features should be reverted out of there.

Sounds good to me, but I'm not sure about what's worth removing from 0.11.x and what isn't.
I suppose if anything would be an impediment to a smooth upgrade for a 0.11 user, it should
be backed out.

As I recall most of the stuff in 0.11.x isn't new features (maybe some feature refinements)
so unless it could mess up someone's day, I don't think it's crucial to un-backport it.

> Yeah. We're in agreement.

Chris