couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Wed, 30 Jun 2010 15:02:01 GMT

On 29 Jun 2010, at 18:08, Noah Slater wrote:

> On 29 Jun 2010, at 16:40, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> Noah was suggesting to give this info from couch-s, but it's not an
>> easy patch and could wait next release imo.  What is the deadline
>> before couch 1.0 ? Shouldn't we wait for erlang R14B and then having
>> ful support for windows version ? Or windows version will be 1.1 ?
>
> Features in 1.0 should be bedded.
>
> Windows support has not been broadly tested, so seems to fail this.
>
> Is R14B likely to cause apropos problems?

CouchDB on Windows will only work with R14A or later (note that the
A-series are considered pre-releases and the B-series are considered
stable releases by the Erlang/OTP team. R14B is set to be released in
a few months time, R14A has been available for a few weeks.

The fix to Erlang is very minor and not intrusive at all*, so here is what
I thought we want to do unless R14B was available on 1.0.0-vote time:

When packaging the Windows installer we apply the patch *to R13B to
get the correct behaviour and bundle that with the Windows installer.

Simple. Any objections or am I overseeing something?

* http://github.com/erlang/otp/commit/426a5e21ab8306517ecd6d73f253d8dc13e39925

Cheers
Jan