couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Thu, 24 Jun 2010 19:24:48 GMT

On 24 Jun 2010, at 01:22, Damien Katz wrote:

> On Jun 23, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Paul Davis wrote:
>> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Damien Katz <> wrote:
>>> I think we are really close to being ready for 1.0.
>>> Are there any issues/patches that need to be handled before we make a release
and vote on it?
>>> Noah, do you have any issues, and can you make the branch and release candidate?
>>> One thing I can think of is windows file support, so that compaction and deletion
work properly. There exists a fix for it from Mark Hammond, but we need a patched Erlang VM
before the fix can work. The upcoming R14B includes the VM patch, but I think we should wait
until it's actually released before we include Mark's fix.
>>> -Damien
>> If you mean the SHARED_DELETE thing for opening files, that was
>> included in R14A which was released the other day.
> I do mean the SHARED_DELETE thing, and I didn't know that. Great news!
> Anyone up for merging the patch and testing on windows?
> Patch is here:

The patch is stale, we'd need somebody to get it applying to trunk. Anyone?

View raw message