couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Damien Katz <dam...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 1.0 Vote
Date Wed, 23 Jun 2010 23:22:29 GMT

On Jun 23, 2010, at 4:15 PM, Paul Davis wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 6:47 PM, Damien Katz <damien@apache.org> wrote:
>> I think we are really close to being ready for 1.0.
>>
>> Are there any issues/patches that need to be handled before we make a release and
vote on it?

>> Noah, do you have any issues, and can you make the branch and release candidate?
>>
>> One thing I can think of is windows file support, so that compaction and deletion
work properly. There exists a fix for it from Mark Hammond, but we need a patched Erlang VM
before the fix can work. The upcoming R14B includes the VM patch, but I think we should wait
until it's actually released before we include Mark's fix.

>> -Damien
>
> If you mean the SHARED_DELETE thing for opening files, that was
> included in R14A which was released the other day.

I do mean the SHARED_DELETE thing, and I didn't know that. Great news!

Anyone up for merging the patch and testing on windows?

Patch is here: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/COUCHDB-86

-Damien