couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Jan Lehnardt <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New code goes into trunk
Date Sun, 13 Jun 2010 16:25:57 GMT

On 5 Jun 2010, at 23:45, J Chris Anderson wrote:

> On Jun 5, 2010, at 12:44 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:
>
>> I've only been merging bugfixes into 0.11.x for a long time now.  I think I committed
a number of things into trunk related to JIRA tickets with a Fix Version of 1.1.

> I've been reviewing the diff between trunk and 0.11.x -- I can't find anything that shows
up in the diff that shouldn't be in 1.0. I'm happy to recommend that we cut 1.0 from trunk.

> I'd like it if others could repeat the exercise and see if they agree with me. There
are some things that cover a lot of code (the couch_util:get_value patch and the base64 changes,
for instance) which aren't at risk of creating bugs and will only make it harder to backport
to 1.0 if we don't put them in the 1.0 release.

> I don't have much opinion about what should go into 0.11.x from trunk, but that's a different
topic.

I got it all solved and have 0.11.x merged up all right.

In the process I found I had a faulty backport in there.

See my work here: http://github.com/janl/couchdb/tree/0.11.x-monster-fix

This is mostly reverting and reapplying in correct order patches to trunk into 0.11.x.

I'm happy to commit that as soon as I get a green light.

While going through all the commits, there are  a few more where I agree with Chris that I'd
like to backport before branching 1.0 from 0.11.x but I think we should go ahead as planned
and branch 1.0.x from 0.11.x.

trunk will then be 1.1.x.

Go?

Cheers