couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From J Chris Anderson <jch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: New code goes into trunk
Date Mon, 14 Jun 2010 17:07:06 GMT

On Jun 13, 2010, at 3:24 PM, Adam Kocoloski wrote:

> The 0.11 branch still feels weird to me.  I thought commits on release branches were
supposed to be bugfixes only.  With 0.11.x the criteria seem to be

> 1) bugfixes
> 2) anything committed to trunk by Damien
> 3) anything else needed to make 2) merge cleanly
>
> If 1.0 is supposed to be 0.11 + bugfixes + Damien's work, rather than 0.11 + bugfixes,
shouldn't we have a /branches/1.0.x for that?

Agreed -- that's why I suggested branching 1.0.x from trunk. There are a couple of patches
I've been working on over the weekend without internet, that I need to put into trunk before
we can branch. I will do that today or tomorrow, then I will be ready to branch 1.0.

To make sure I understand... did we agree to branch 1.0 from trunk?

Chris

> Regardless, the important thing is that the codebase for 1.0 is stable and working.
Jan's 0.11.x-monster-fix satisfies that.  Good work!