couchdb-dev mailing list archives

From Adam Kocoloski <kocol...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New code goes into trunk
Date Sat, 05 Jun 2010 19:44:29 GMT
I've only been merging bugfixes into 0.11.x for a long time now.  I think I committed a number
of things into trunk related to JIRA tickets with a Fix Version of 1.1.

On Jun 3, 2010, at 6:41 PM, Damien Katz wrote:

> I was wrong, the problem I'm facing are previous commits that weren't merged into 0.11.x
branch.

> Does anyone know of any commits that _shouldn't_ be merged from trunk to 0.11.x?
>
> -Damien
>
> On Jun 3, 2010, at 1:59 PM, Damien Katz wrote:
>
>> When developing code and fixes for the 0.11.x branch, it should be first checked
into trunk,then merged into 0.11.x branch. Right now I'm dealing as a I merge code from trunk
to the branch, I'm dealing with merge conflicts in the attachment encoding code, which should
have been in trunk all along.

>> The only time when code shouldn't go into trunk is when it's doesn't at all apply
to trunk, because the code in trunk has already diverged because of  post-1.0 feature work.